On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:09 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> That's too complicated.  The idea is to keep it as simple as possible.

I'm sure whatever you choose to do is perfectly fine for your needs, but
objecting to parameter substitution as being more complicated than piping to
head and then cut is silly. It's simple pattern substitution like you do with
sed in the rest of the book.

If you really mean that it makes the script less readable, then sure, possibly.
But then your goal is readability and not necessarily simplicity. At that rate,
I'd suggest you add some comments to the script and/or separate out individual
package sections with some white space.

JH