Hi,

Thanks for a great book. I have just set up my first LFS; I had great
fun and all is fine.

I hit a couple of issues setting up Grub that, looking through the
lfs-support archive, have bitten a few others and wondered if it is
worth mentioning in the book.

I used SVN-20120106 and although the Grub setup suggests mounting /boot
from another partition the example grub.cfg is based on /boot being on
the root partition.

This gave me two problems:

1)
set root=(hd0,2)
and
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.1.6-lfs-SVN-20120106 root=/dev/sda2 ro

(hd0,2) and /dev/sda2 are referring to the same place, which do I
change (or both)?  Thankfully I guessed correctly.

2)
I got 'file not found' from Grub when trying to load the kernel as I
failed to realise that When Grub loads my boot partition the kernel
is no longer in /boot but in /.

This took me a little while to figure out.

Bob