On 02/02/2012 15:25, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I have another reason to dislike fedora.  I wanted to look at what
> environment variables were used and did a simple 'set' command.  I got a
> bunch of garbage.   Upon investigating, I got about 70 lines of
> variables and about 9600! lines of functions that could easily be in a
> script.  Blech.
>
>     -- Bruce

I can one-up that. On a Ubuntu Server installation I ran 'set' and got
over 10K lines back. Mostly functions.

I suppose one could argue functions are less expensive than scripts.
Fewer bash (or whichever shell) processes to run and less disk IO.

Readability is out of the window of course if you're looking for
something. I find scripts cleaner, personally.

--
Gerard