On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 21:06 +0000, Matt Burgess wrote:

> That led me to wonder why we bother passing the other '--enable' options
> (partx, arch and write).  For reference, Bruce brought up 'arch' in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2012-February/065811.html
> and partx/write are discussed in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2008-October/061763.html.

Note to self: Test things *before* raising points for discussion.

It turns out that --enable-partx is now the default, so we can simply
remove the option and its description, but still retain the partx
utilities.

My proposal, therefore, is to use Coreutils' 'arch' instead of
Util-Linux's, and to not install 'write'.

Ta,

Matt.