First, some assertions:

1. resizecons cannot work without video mode files, which are
produced by a program from the svgalib package.

2. svgalib is defunct, and was only applicable to linux kernels
before 2.6 : there are patches around to enable it to be compiled,
and some distros include it, but it seems very much a minority
interest.

3. the console will be resized to suit the font when 'setfont' is
run.

4. if the resulting font appears too tiny, you can pass video=
arguments to grub, e.g. I use video="1024x768" on one of my machines
which uses kms and a small (8x16) font.  Known to work on
framebuffers, including kms - I haven't built a non-framebuffer
kernel in years.

 The proposal:

 If the first 3 assertions are correct, then I suggest that we should
remove resizecons, and its manpage, from the build - with some seds
(not yet tested), and in explaining the seds use a short summary of
assertions 1-3, or even of 1-4.

 Comments ?

ĸen