Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Well, the way I saw this working out in my head - we don't really
> advertise the binary package repository, although it would be available
> for anyone to use. Hence, "semi-public". The focus would still be on the
> book and letting a user choose her own path. The optional PM parts would
> serve as a reference for how to do something similar either with the
> same packaging tool, or one of the user's choice.

It's easy enough to create a tarball of binaries for a specific
architecture (686, x86_64, etc) and extract that to an empty partition.
  A rebuild of the kernel, setting up grub, and a script to handle some
specific things (fstab, ip address, etc) would be easy enough.

But then, I don't think of that as LFS.

   -- Bruce