On 5/28/12 6:54 PM, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Maybe let's wait before updating anything again, just to be 100% certain
> on what the right path is here, and I'll try to reach out to upstream in
> the meantime to see if someone there is willing to give me an answer we
> can work with.

Well, I posted a question on gcc's list and got very little useful feedback.

Thread starts here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-05/msg00367.html

And continues here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-06/msg00003.html

In order to determine what it's 'fixing' we would need to do a review of
the scripts ourselves. On the whole, for our purposes, it's probably
typically safe to let the script run, but it's probably also completely
unnecessary (and while rare, there is the chance of hitting a bug with
it). So I'll leave it to you to decide whether to leave it as is or
disable the script.

JH