Em 31-07-2012 18:25, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> With great sadness, I have to report the passing of Andy Benton.
>
> I never had the opportunity to meet Andy in person, but after several
> thousand posts to the lists, I think I knew him.  His first post was in
> March 2004.  Since that time he made many, many contributions to LFS and
> BLFS.
>
> Andy was from Prenton in northwest England and educated as an
> Astrophysicist in Edinburgh. His son tells me that two things made him
> happy: playing Team Fortress 2 and his work on LFS.
>
> Andy was 47 years old.  He is survived by his Mother, Father, three
> sisters, wife Angie, his son Eddie, and daughter Rusti.
>
> He will be missed.  A lot.
>
>    -- Bruce

I am very sorry. This is much sad.

I have learned a lot with Andy and admired his meticulous, accurate and
fast work.

In all my LFS machines there is a bootscript named after him: andystartx
(he helped me with this subject, between many others).

He will be much missed by me and surely by all subscribers.

A great loss for LFS.

--
[]s,
Fernando