On 8/21/2012 10:13 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I am proposing that we freeze LFS for 7.2 with the packages we now have
> in svn.  There is one outstanding ticket to address glibc issues, but
> that does not require a package change.
>
> Util-linux may come out with a new release in the next week or so, but I
> think we can hold off on that until after 7.2 is released.
>
> The tests in chapter 6 look pretty clean to me.
>
> We can release 7.2-rc1 as soon as we resolve the glibc issues, probably
> tomorrow.  I would like to then release 7.2-stable around the first of
> September.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>     -- Bruce

That sounds good to me - I did not much have trouble with the SVN
version I went through a couple weeks (7/26 ???) or so ago, other than I
wasn't thinking and built it on a logical volume so I couldn't boot it
... (I assume building the needed LVM utilities in the chroot would fix
that)

I did have trouble with grub 2.0 but I'm out of town and don't have my
build log. I'll be back home few days before the first and can give RC1
build a shot from perspective of user who has been out of LFS loops for
awhile.

My host OS was CentOS 6.3 (64-bit) if that made any difference for the
grub building error. I just decided to use the older grub from CentOS
but w/ no LVM support it was moot anyway ;)