Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> Example:
>>
>> libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib64/libxml2.la' seems to be moved
>>
>> This is caused by the symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib
>
> Oh.  Have you tried not doing that?  ...Sorry, could not resist.  :-P

LOL.

Seriously, I don't believe in multiboot.  If I can't build a 64-bit
version of a package, then I don't need it.  I should be able to put
libraries in the directories I want.

> This is a full multilib system, which explains why I don't see that.
> Anything using /usr/lib64 actually needs the 64-bit version of the
> library, and libtool handles this itself.
>
> In this case, I bet that if you had specified --libdir=/usr/lib64 when
> you configured libxml2, then later packages that do "libtool --mode=link
> blah -lxml2" would use /usr/lib64/libxml2.la just like they do today,
> but that would be the canonical path in the file as well, so it wouldn't
> print a warning.
>
> Alternately, I haven't tried this, but it *MIGHT* work to edit the
> compiler_lib_search_path in your /usr/bin/libtool script (or the
> ltmain.sh in the various packages?  not 100% sure how this all fits
> together), to look for the files in the same directory they originally
> got installed in, i.e. /usr/lib.

It would be easier to edit /usr/bin/libtool to just not output the
warning.  It's even easier to delete the .la files.

   -- Bruce