Am 21.11.2012 18:21, schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> I've been testing udev from systemd-196.  I have been able to build and
> install it with some changes to the LFS Makefile. One new capability is
> that it has it's own hw database instead of lspci and lsusb.

udev/systemd gets uglier with each release...

as mentioned in other postings, i too see no benefit in using systemd on
my lfs machines.

both pci.ids and usb.ids are well maintained, regulary updated and used
by different packages. i don't see any reason to have the same data
duplicated into another format.

i guess some of the udev/systemd-developpers have an ego just to big to
fit onto my disks...

i'm looking forward how the forks are going on and stay at with the 182
release for a while as it does what i want it to do.

tobias