Randy McMurchy wrote:
> am not sure if they need to be modified because we move the libraries to
> /lib and the libdir in the .pc files points to /usr/lib, but I think it
> would be alright as any package wanting to link with ncurses libs will
> use the .so files that do exist in /usr/lib.

The only way (that I know of) to get these values is running something
like:

pkg-config --variable=libdir ncursesw

...but nothing should be running that.  Everything should be running
something like:

pkg-config --libs ncursesw

(and/or --cflags), which only prints the -L and -l flags required.  (So
usually just the Libs: line from the .pc file, assuming the package got
installed into the system default libdir.  If the libdir in the .pc file
is different from the system libdir, then -L gets printed too.)