On 03/10/2013 05:20 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I don't mind this change as long as the Xorg development community
> realizes that the interfaces between individual components are frozen.
> That is, if one component affects another, the release of all affected
> components must happen at the same time.
>
> As far as BLFS goes, I'd only ask that changes be verified by building
> all components in a candidate change be built as a fresh Xorg build and
> a basic check of functionality be made before committing to the book.
>
>     -- Bruce

The interfaces are granted to be backwards compatible and that was
always the case. I ran full build into other directory and everything
appears to work.

I am currently running Xorg Server 1.14.0. I don't notice any change
except that AMD's binary blob doesn't (again) work.

In most cases, things that break with new XServer releases are drivers -
nothing else. Libraries and protocol headers are only extended to
include new stuff - old interfaces aren't touched in an incompatible manner.