cybertao wrote these words on 03/12/13 22:24 CST:
> I just realised I chose the development branch without much consideration,
> when the stable version my be more appropriate.  If only for the
> convenience of release cycle guidelines.  I focus on making a bootable CD
> and USB image for now using the vanilla-SVN build and replace it with a
> release build later if it's more appropriate.
> i686 and x86_64 on the same image, like Arch, is a good idea isn't it?

Either one would be great, though I think a 7.3 stable ISO would be perfect.
If a dual i686 and x86_64 is doable, then great, otherwise two ISOs for the
two platforms shouldn't be that much harder then the combo. At least it
seems that way to me.

> My ambition is a terminal environment with the
> tools to build LFS, SSH, screen, jhalfs, and build the book.  Any bells and
> whistles can be added by anyone through some sort of SquashFS or UnionFS
> shenanigans (or perhaps BLFS using jhalfs).

This sounds perfect. A boot ISO with SSH probably fits most folks desires
to build LFS, and can be used as a rescue CD. Perfect.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
22:44:00 up 97 days, 7:43, 1 user, load average: 0.66, 0.17, 0.05