>On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:23:43 -0500
>Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've finally figured out what is making the mangle33.C program fail.
> It is an arbitrary limitation in tcl.   This particular gcc test
> creates a c++ namespace *name* of 4044 characters in length.   It
> turns out that there is a value buried deep in tcl code
> (generic/regc_nfa.c):
>
> /*
>   * Arbitrary depth limit. Needs tuning, but this value is sufficient
>   * make all normal tests (not reg-33.14) pass.
>   */
> #define DUPTRAVERSE_MAX_DEPTH 500
>
> Changing this to 5000 makes the gcc test pass.  Is it worthwhile to
> make this change in the Chapter 5 build of tcl?  How about BLFS?
>
>    -- Bruce

It is worthwhile to hack tcl to not use an arbitrary value, as per the
zero-one-infinity rule.

However, as that is a lot of work and also something the developer
should have done, changing DUPTRAVERSE_MAX_DEPTH to 5000 (or whatever)
is, IMHO, worthwhile.

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.