I've completed my script to check package versions and set it up to run
on anduin at 01:50 GMT daily and email the results to lfs-book.  The
first iteration is now there run at 2013-05-06 21:07:36 GMT.

The source for the script is at
http://anduin/~bdubbs/lfs-latest-files.phps.  It takes about 30 seconds
to run in order to extract the book's packages from svn and check all
the upstream sites.

It was a little tricky with all the different directories and file name
styles.  I'm not sure how fragile the script is because it certainly
depends on upstream not making changes.  I'm pretty confident that the
gnu packages will be OK, but I'm not that confident about sourceforge
sites or some of the others.

The script is php, but it needs version 2.4 or later and the pecl_http
extension.

   -- Bruce