On 06/03/2018 01:11 PM, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
On 06/03/2018 01:41 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
On 06/03/2018 10:35 AM, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
hello

When /sbin/reboot command is used while a
user is doing some editing work, the
reboot process halt/pause within
/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc script (print_error_msg)

This caused by mountfs, trying to remount / in
readonly mode, as mount return an error (device busy)
print_error_msg is called.

(test done in live PXE mode).

I propose:

file lfs/init.d/mountfs (within stop case)

      # Make sure / is mounted read only (umount bug)
++   # first kill remaining processes in writing mode
++   fuser -s -m -w -k /
      mount --options remount,ro /

May I suggest:
file lfs/init.d/rc
to give acces to shell within print_error_msg() function

   MSG="${MSG}the files provided by the ${DISTRO_MINI} book,\n"
   MSG="${MSG}please be so kind to inform us at ${DISTRO_CONTACT}.\n"
   log_failure_msg "${MSG}"

+- log_info_msg "Press Enter to be in shell..."
    wait_for_user
++ /bin/bash

This is the first time I can remember of a suggestion for the boot
scripts.  Thank you.

I can do the suggestion in init.d/mountfs, but for
init.d/rc perhaps we should have:

log_info_msg "Press Enter to continue or s for a shell"
[ "${HEADLESS=0}" = "0" ] && read ENTER
if [ "${ENTER}" = "s" ]; then
   echo Type 'exit' to continue
   /bin/bash
fi

I've not tested this, but would it work for you?

Agreed!, choice to enter shell or not is indeed fare better,
will be perfect for me, thanks
Tell me when new lfs-bootscript will be avail,
I can test and confirm OK to you.

I've tested as above in a simple shell script. I'll update the bootscripts after you've tested and found things OK.

  -- Bruce