On 01/01/2019 10:43 AM, Douglas R. Reno via lfs-dev wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if we should add the C.UTF-8 locale to our environment (if it's even available?). Two of the tests in GNOME's Gjs (BLFS Chapter 33) because we don't have C.UTF-8 setup as a locale.

I suppose the first question is whether or not it's even available. The most recent builds I have done use jhalfs, but I wonder if glibc's command to install all locales includes it. I haven't had the time to check, and don't think I will for a bit.

So my question is - if it's available, should we/can we add it to our standard set of locales?

I don't know if it will work, but try:

# localedef -i POSIX -f UTF-8 C.UTF-8

after that, `locale -a` gives C.utf8. There are some warnings about LC_* categories that have no definition.

Not that the base files are in /usr/share/i18n/

  -- Bruce