On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 19:25, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > This might be yet another package that could be in a "Reinstalling
> > LFS packages for a BLFS system" section of the BLFS Book, along
> > with Shadow.
>
> Perhaps.  You can probably add grep after pcre to that list.  Would you
> like to write that section?
>
>    -- Bruce

Certainly happy to have a crack at something that might be used,
as a base for such a section, however, Shadow is currently already
in BLFS, albeit in the Security section, which leads to the question
of whether some packages could appear in two, or more, sections
of the BLFS book.

Furthermore, I have a question about the wording of the BLFS
Shadow section, in that it lists

Linux-PAM-1.3.1 or CrackLib-2.9.7

in the

Required