Le 12/03/2020 à 03:52, Kevin Buckley via lfs-dev a écrit :
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 17:59, Pierre Labastie via lfs-dev
> <lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> what if you tried passing "MAKEINFO=/bin/true" to configure?
>>
>> Pierre
>
> Gets you very close.
>
> make MAKEINFO=/bin/true install
>
> then fails at the point where it tries to access
>
> manual/glibc.info*
>
> as the target for a copy or move, because no Info files have been generated.
>
> If, as I did, you then think to simply
>
> touch manual/glibc.info
>
> so as to have something to access at that point, you then fail when the
>
> install-info
>
> target runs, because the manual/glibc.info file is empty and install-info
> doesn't like that.
>
> You can avoid that by echoing something into
>
> manual/glibc.info
>
> ahead of the make MAKEINFO=/bin/true install
>
> For example, something akin to the firstline of most info files
>
> $ echo "This is glibc.info, produced by makeinfo version from
> glibc.texi" > manual/glibc.info
> $ make MAKEINFO=/bin/true install ...
>
> That seemed to do the trick - thanks for the pointer to the start of the path.
> Kevin

Sorry, looks like there is something "magic" in glibc source, and that it is
better to use "MAKEINFO=:". See manual/Makefile in glibc source tree:
-----
ifneq ($(strip $(MAKEINFO)),:)
info: $(objpfx)libc.info
endif
[...]
ifneq ($(PERL),no)
ifneq ($(strip $(MAKEINFO)),:)
install: $(inst_infodir)/libc.info
        @if $(SHELL) -c '$(INSTALL_INFO) --version' >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
         test -f $(inst_infodir)/dir || $(INSTALL_DATA) dir $(inst_infodir);\
         $(INSTALL_INFO) --info-dir=$(inst_infodir) #wrapped by mailer
$(inst_infodir)/libc.info;\
        else : ; fi
endif
endif