On Sun, 2020-04-05 at 09:37 +0000, DJ Lucas via lfs-dev wrote:
> On April 3, 2020 2:17:29 PM CDT, Pierre Labastie via lfs-dev <
> lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > > >

> This is really cool, and necessary from time to time (as you've
> discovered).

> > > How about just moving eudev to between util-linux and e2fsprogs?
>
> When reordering here, be careful not to adjust systemd
> (udev/systemd). It's all a few years of fuzzy, but the interaction of
> those three packages was a bit of a nightmare when merging the two
> books. IIRC, that was what prompted the extra partial build of util-
> linux in chapter 5 for systemd, so we could keep the build order
> roughly the same across the two books (difference in systemd deemed
> acceptable because systemd gets reinstalled early in BLFS - and I'm
> pretty sure this will still show up if you run ICA on systemd). I
> want to say something to do with a disk geometry library that got
> moved from e2fsprogs to util-linux (or maybe vice versa), but it is
> all so long ago, I'm unsure.
>
> Anyway, if running a comparison build, it'll reveal itself, so it's
> really cool that this is working again!
>
> --DJ

Sometimes I wonder why I assume something without checking! It happens
to me too often that it then proves wrong!

Here it is: I've discovered that findmnt was linked to libudev after
second pass, and not after thefirst pass. But why have I assumed that
findmnt was coming from e2fsprog????

e2fsprog does not even test libudev, and the only reference to udev is
a reference to udev's rules directory needed for e2scrub.

findmnt is from util-linux, and that one links to libudev if it is
present. So eudev should be before util-linux, but I have to test that
nothing depends on util-linux in eudev...

Trying a build with eudev before util-linux ATM.

Pierre