Am Samstag, den 11.04.2020, 11:53 -0500 schrieb Timothy Russo via lfs-
dev:
> I'm building a current LFS/BLFS system and while loading Fop-2.4 this
> morning, the required download links for PDFBox and PDFBox Fonts need to be
> updated to pdfbox/2.0.19.  It looks like this was updated Feb 20th.
>
> Also, just a side question, has anyone done a LFS/BLFS Systemd-multilib patch?
> I followed Thomas' updated LFS multilib but I wanted systemd so I finangled
> my way through combining the systemd build and his multilib build to get LFS
> complete. I just wasn't sure how much of BLFS would also need to be compiled
> multilib for it all to work together nicely.

you don't *need* to build any lib32-stuff to run the system. But if
you have built ML in LFS, then you *could*. Which packages you might
need in 32bit depends on what you're going to do with your system or
what you need on your system.

I've a printer driver which is only available in 32bit binary (which
was the trigger to setup LFS-multilib) for which i need at least
lib32-nettle and lib32-cups.
VirtualBox (using the LFS system as host) needs ML-support internally.

So there's no clear direction pointing to "you need X and Y" it
depends on what you need.

--
Thomas