Hi all,

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020, Martin Qi via lfs-dev wrote:

Md5sum is used to verify whether the downloaded file is correct. If
the official md5sum is inconsistent with that sites, there will be a
feeling that file from sites is wrong or previous version. [...]
I'd second that. From a user perspective, it feels wrong to have different (e.g.) lfs-bootscripts-$date.tar.xz with the same $date but different checksums out there, even if we know about the source of that. It would be nicer to either have only one such master per day or some other kind of uniqueness like *-$date_$machine or *-$date_$time for each archive that needs its own timestamp/checksum...

Uwe