On 7/31/20 2:11 PM, William Harrington wrote:

On Jul 31, 2020, at 12:25, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

On 7/31/20 11:47 AM, William Harrington via lfs-dev wrote:
Greetings,
While checking file systems, the line at 131 will omit ‘Y’. The message ends up
being “ou may want to double-check that”.  I had to remove the character before
‘Y’ to correct the output. Please verify.

The only place in that file that has the word 'You' is on line 97:

msg="\nWARNING:\n\nFile system errors "
msg="${msg}were found and have been corrected.\n"
msg="${msg}     You may want to double-check that "
msg="${msg}everything was fixed properly."

log_warning_msg "$msg"

I think the number of spaces before 'You' may need to be increased by one
because the function log_warning_msg sets the cursor to column 1 and writes '
***  ' after the message has been written.  Can you add that space and test?
Thanks.

Did you make your file system dirty and run that script. The deal is with the
character before ‘Y’

I built LFS 9.1 and have proof

For a workaround, do

  sed -i "s/Y/ Y/" /etc/init.d/checkfs

We'll either do that or make an equivalent change in the next version of the bootscripts.

  -- Bruce