On 9/2/20 3:04 PM, Tree Davies via lfs-dev wrote:
On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 06:56:31PM +0200, Pierre Labastie via lfs-dev wrote:
On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 07:52 -0700, Tree Davies via lfs-dev wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I automated my LFS build, and haven't had any issue with it. The
other day
during a rebuild, I notiiced that I had been running the gcc test
suite
as the root user. So I fixed it as in the intructions:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable-systemd/chapter06/gcc.html

But now the test suite fails.
The output: https://pastebin.com/jaqP9b5Y

At line 6, it seems there is a "cd ..".
It looks like this just follows the "chown -Rv nobody ." line.

This is not what is in the book. Maybe you have a typo in your script?

Pierre

I think it might have something to do with the nobody user.
the instructions being run are:
```
rm ../gcc/testsuite/g++.dg/pr83239.C
chown -Rv nobody .
su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "PATH=$PATH make -k check"
```
When run as root 'make -k check', has no issue.

Did you create the nobody user?

  -- Bruce