Why are python packages so painful ?

With scour-0.38.1, when I download it using firefox I get
scour-038.1.tar.gz instead of -0.38.1.  If I use wget it correctly
provides -0.38.1.  That is the reverse of the more common behaviour.

More annoyingly, since May I've only been building scour for python3
And I was still running testcss.py (and testscour.py) using python3
the last time I built it (for BLFS-10.0, using 0.37).

Now, that craps out - the files have been renamed to test_css.py
to test_scour.py.

I could change that, but I'm unclear why we still even mention
python2 for scour ?  AFAICS, only inkscape uses it, for Save As
optimized svg.

I've just gone back to 10.0 on another box and done some doodling in
inkscape-1.0, followed by saving as optimized svg (I note that when
I closed inkscape after that it mentioned that optimized svg could
involve data loss and offered to save as inkscape svg).

While I was doing that, current inkscape completed so I ran similar
tests on 1.0.1, with similar results.

But maybe I'm overlooking a reason why building with python2 would
be useful to someone ?

ĸen
--
The people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them: I work
all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba.