Em qua., 13 de jan. de 2021 às 12:47, Pierre Labastie via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> escreveu:

> On Wed, 2021-01-13 at 10:05 -0300, Jamenson Espindula via lfs-dev
> wrote:
> > Hi, everyone. Have an excellent 2021!
> >
> > I just finished building the LFS 10.0. This error message was shown
> > when I booted:
> >
> >  = = = = = Begin of transcription = = = = =
> >
> > FAILURE:
> >
> > You should not be reading this error message.
> >
> > It means that an unforeseen error took place in
> > /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S00mountvirtfs,
> > which exited with a return value of 1.
> > If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one of
> > the file provided by the LFS book,
> > please be so kind to inform us at lfs-...@linuxfromscratch.org
> > (Registration required).
> >
> >  = = = = = End of transcription = = = = =
> >
> > Any idea? Kernel misconfiguration?
>

> Looks like you haven't send the whole story. You should have seen
> something like:
> Mounting virtual file systems: /run /proc /sys /dev
>
> + maybe an error message before "FAILURE ..."
>
> The mail subject tells "read-only file system failure", but there is no
> evidence in the error message you sent us...

Thank you for your response. In fact, there are other error messages.
I am sorry.

 = = = = = Begin of transcription = = = = =

chmod: cannot access '/run/lock': No such file or directory
           Mounting virtual file systems: /run/lib/lsb/init-functions:\
 line 679: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system

/proc/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 690: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system
/sys/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 690: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system
****
                          {FAIL}
/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 624: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system
****
                          {FAIL}
/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 614: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system
****
                          {FAIL}
      FAILURE:
You should not be reading this error message.

It means that an unforeseen error took place in
/etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S00mountvirtfs,
which exited with a return value of 1.
If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one of
the file provided by the LFS book,
please be so kind to inform us at lfs-...@linuxfromscratch.org \
(Registration required).
****
                          {FAIL}
/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 614: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system
      Press enter to continue...
/lib/lsb/init-functions:line 679: /run/bootlog: Read-only file system

 = = = = = End of transcription = = = = =

I _solved_ the error by compiling the kernel again, following,
strictly, the LFS book recommendation:

 = = = = = Begin of transcription = = = = =

 It is often better to explore all the configuration menus and create
the kernel configuration from scratch.

 = = = = = End of transcription = = = = =

I executed <make config> and answered all questions.
I have conditions to compare the first configuration file with the
second one. But, this is the lesson: a misconfigured kernel can do
anything good and bad.

> You should also send more information about the
> disk/partition/filesystem/whatever you use for your lfs ...

I have a 500GB spinning harddisk; two partitions (Debian GNU/Linux 10
on the first and LFS 10.0 on the second); ext4 filesystem on both
partitions.

> Also make sure /etc/fstab is written correctly (see 10.2 Vreating the
> :etc:fstab File): the lines containing /proc, /sys, /dev, /dev/pts, and
> /run are _needed_ for this bootscript to run...

/etcfstab is OK, according to the book.

> Regards
> Pierre
>
> --

Thank you.

Jamenson Ferreira Espindula de Almeida Melo
Jaboatão dos Guararapes, Pernambuco, Brazil
GNU/Linux user # 166197
https://linuxcounter.net/cert/166197.png

Key fingerprint:
234D 1914 4224 7C53 BD13  6855 2AE0 25C0 08A8 6180