kaladen wrote:

Everything is correct. Chapter 6.12 installs a new linker which will look in /lib and /usr/lib for its library files on any packages installed from that point forward. The linker was still built with libraries from /tools/lib and is still in /tools/bin. The next step is to install binutils in chapter 6.13 which will link to /usr/lib. If you are still unsure just check which libraries are being used by running ldd on /usr/bin/ld.

Actually, ldd isn't really a valid test anymore to determine proper linking. To ensure all future binaries will be linked properly, use the sanity check at the bottom of our adjusting the linker - compile a dummy program, and run readelf against it, looking at the interpreter line - this is the only sure-fire way to ensure that our linker adjustments have been performed properly - ldd will sometimes give incorrect output.

-J-