Hello,

I have LFS-6.0 and various things of BLFS (KDE..). The system is perfect.
The kernel version used is 2.6.11.

I've tried to upgrade the kernel version to the 2.6.12.3. The options in
both kernels are the same. In the PC's power on process, the kernel
descompresses ok, without errors, but when the init process to populate the
dev directory, it doesn't make anything, and the init process stops.

As the log utilities hasn't started, i can't see what kind of error can be.
And, is strange that with 2.6.11 all goes ok, but with 2.6.12.3, no.

Do you have any idea? or, where can i take a look to see what goes wrong?

Thanks