On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 10:17 -0500, James Henry wrote:
> can anyone send me a good link to reseach how to set up my wireless card
> in the LFS environment
>
> my ubuntu setup reports this from iwconfig:
>
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> ra0       RT2500 Wireless  ESSID:"NETGEAR"
>           Mode:Managed  Frequency=2.412 GHz  Access Point: 00:09:5B:B0:94:D4
>           Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
>           RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Link Quality=80/100  Signal level=-69 dBm  Noise level:-197 dBm
>           Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>           Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
>
> sit0      no wireless extensions.
>

> im running on a AMD Athlon XP-M averatec laptop with kernel version
> 2.5.16 using the same configuration as the ubuntu side
>
> my main question is setting up the device for my wireless card, this
> card is an internal one with a disable button by the power button on the
> laptop.  this button does not seem to work, if i could get this to work
> to turn on and off my connection would also be nice!
>
> --thanks James P. Henry
depends on your notebook, and may be you will find some tools ...
why?
hm you need some special acpi-interface (yes I know 2 times interface,
but this IS right!)
you should try google with:
"linux [your notebook-vendor] [may be model] acpi tools"
this should come up with something

CUH Rainer Peter Feller