Hello all.

I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Josh, and computers have
always been a primary hobby for me.  I'm not a programmer or
developer... just insatiably curious.  I'm fairly new to Linux at all,
and I am very new to LFS.  About 2 months ago I bought a second hard
drive, and I installed Fedora 4 with a Windows based dual-boot.  I soon
realized two things: (1) I didn't know anything about Linux -- not even
the basics. (2) The only way I was going to be content with Linux was
if I had complete control over everything and the knowledge that comes
with it.

This is my first LFS build, and I'm working from the LiveCD.  My
ultimate goal is a command prompt only system.  I'm currently on my
second attempt (from scratch -- formatted & partitioned hard drive and
all).  As far as I know, I've successfully built the entire system, but
I'm having trouble booting it.  My computer freezes at "GRUB_", with
nothing further to be done but reboot.  I'm not done tinkering, and as
such I refuse to ask for help just yet. ;)

I just wanted to say hi.  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute
something worthwhile to the mailing list while I'm here.