On 2/3/06, rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> >echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> >cc dummy.c
> >readelf -l a.out | grep 'ld-linux'
>
> Its broke.  when I try cc dummy.c the output is
>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec
> `/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../.
> ./../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/as': No such file or directory
>
> the same message as in the config.log.

I would go back to 5.7.  Redo the specs file adjustment and see if you
can compile the dummy program correctly.  If you don't get the right
interpreter, then the ld from binutils has the wrong LIB_PATH.  Then
you'd probably have to go back to the beginning unless you really know
what you're doing.

> And to Jeremy Huntwork
> I haven't figured out how I managed to do this...
>
> > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> > checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
>
> but then Im not sure what what the correct output should
> have been.  I presume it should have been
>
> ../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin

It's actually not a path, it's a description of your system.  It
should be i686-pc-linux-gnu.  You can check with this:

$ gcc -dumpmachine
i686-pc-linux-gnu

--
Dan