On 5/25/06, pavan savoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

       Using the current installation it is possible to mount the usb disk,
manually using mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/my_drive , but what exactly have to be
installed to automate this system, like when a usb disk is connected it has
to mount on that dir, and on disconnection unmount.

There are quite a few options.  Before I jump off into options, I'll
ask: Do you plan on installing GNOME or KDE, or do you plan to spend
most of the time at the linux console?

HAL (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/hal.html)
will make this a lot easier for you.  Most of the newest automounting
options use it.

Let me know your plans a bit more, and I might be able to point you in
the right direction.

--
Dan