Justin R. Knierim schreef:
Michiel Faber wrote:
Hello,

The first command in chapter 6.37.1 of lfs 6.1.1 is:

tar -xvf ../bash-doc-3.0.tar.gz &&

however the package i downloaded from a mirror ftp-server is named
"bash-doc-3.0.tar.bz2" and not "*.gz"

Sorry, I didn't see the original post so writing back to a reply. This all shouldn't be an issue anymore since at least a month. The whole of the LFS FTP repo was converted to original package formats, and so the ftp mirrors should all have the .gz version now.

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/development/bash-doc-3.1.tar.gz

Let me know if you see problems with new package tarballs, etc.

Justin

I downloaded all the packages just a week ago and they were all *.bz2.
But i use lfs 6.1.1 instead of the development version.

Michiel