Ken Moffat wrote:

 Debian has now forked cdrkit (get it from your local debian pool,
the diff on top of pre3 only affects some of the debian/ files).

I wonder how long it'll take them to clean it up? I suspect it'd be quicker just starting from scratch (and just don't support anything that doesn't adhere to the MMC spec), but as I have no experience of writing a CD burning program I'm not in any position to offer useful suggestions :-)

Here's a wonderful snippet from the latest release of cdrtools (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/AN-2.01.01a12):

-       Use a unique option parser for all programs from cdrtools.

So, another case of NIH syndrome. Rather than report bugs/offer patches to existing projects (tar vs. star, make vs. smake, etc.) he goes and reinvents the wheel. Oh well, I guess it's his time to waste :-)

Matt.