Hi. Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this, nor if this
applies to any distro, not LFS only. Im in the network chapter.
My laptop has a 56k modem and a 100mbps lan in a combo device, in one
mini-pci slot. lspci shows them separately, but there is only one network
device, eth0.

Can I use the modem and LAN at the same time, or only one at a time, or
something? Any suggestions please? And instructions too, Im kinda new to
linux, I've only used Knoppix for a few months.

The modem chip is ESS superlink something, and the LAN chip is Intel's.