On Saturday 25 November 2006 18:20, Amadeus wrote:
> configure:1980: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> configure:1996: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> /home/lfs/binutils/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--hash-style=gnu'
> /home/lfs/binutils/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure: failed program was:

Did you use _your_ gcc while running the previous configure? If gcc was
Fedora's one, try the similar with your hand-built gcc.

Also I begin to think the problem is in the specs of Fedora gcc. What's
the output of the following command (gcc is Fedora's one)?

gcc -dumpspecs

> Grepping through binutils-2.17/ld source directory doesn't find any
> reference to "hash-style"...

The same for me with both 2.17 and 2.16.1. Moreover, I came to
conclusion both binutils versions don't have the --hash-style option
as well as both do have -hash-style one (note the _single_ dash instead
of a double one).

--
Nothing but perfection
pv