Vladimir A. Pavlov wrote on 26-11-06 20:26:
On Sunday 26 November 2006 21:25, Bauke Jan Douma wrote:
In the event I do continue the building with the command "make install"
after getting this failure reports as mentioned above then I receive the
failure report in the "INSTALL-ERROR-STRIPPED" file as attached.
Did you just say you did 'make install' after getting 'make check'
errors?

That might be your problem right there.  You should /never/ ignore
these errors -- least of all with glibc.

Wrong. There are _always_ a few errors when making check for gcc and
glibc.

I was talking strictly about glibc, which seems to me the matter
of subject here.

The main question is how many errors one has. Usually gcc has less than
10 errors, glibc has less than 5 errors. What do you see after running
the following?

grep Error glibc-check-log

For example, there is usually a line like "Error 1 (Ignored)" there.

Yes, the explicitly to be ignored annexc error, but other than that,
the grep of your supplied link with the glibc 'make check' log yields
no Error's.  True -- that is less than 5 ;-)

bjd