On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 10:50:34PM +0100, Big Mike wrote:
> Hello 2 all.
> I having troubles installing the package libdrm, wich is needed for xorg 7.1
> I'm usign Matthias S. Benkmann  More Control and Package Management  wrappers.
> i,m getting ( what i thought  was a simple install error )
> test - z "/include"|| mkdir -p -- "/include"
> /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory `/include': Permission denied
> make [2]*** [install-libdrmincludeHEADERS] Error 1
> make [2] Leaving directory `/usr/src/libdrm/libdrm-2.0.1/libdrm
> make: ***[install-recursive] Error 1
> So it's trying to recreate  the include directory wich is not allowed.
 I may be far wide of the mark here (I don't use the hint), but in a
recent install of libdrm my logs show

test -z "/usr/include" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/include"

so I wonder if you have a typo in
 ./configure --prefix=/usr [ e.g. --prefix=/ or even --prefix= ]

 Before the error, libdrm.so and friends, together with libdrm.la
and libdrm.a, should have been installed somewhere.  With X in /usr,
they should be in /usr/lib.  My guess is that your build tried to
install them in /lib - if it succeeded, definitely you did something
wrong for --prefix.  Of course, you probably shouldn't have been
able to write to /lib if you were following the hint, so this might
be pure supposition unless you can refer to logs, but you might want
to try again.

ĸen

Hahahaha problem SOLVED.
I didn't export XORG_CONFIG="<PREFIX>"
So you where right it was a typo, this lib has to be installed before
xorg, so i just blindy copy the command in the blf-book svn-20061211.
My configure was ./configure --prefix=$XORG_PREFIX
After a ./configure --prefix=/usr all went well.
Ken and Dan thanks for the help.