hai all,

this is my very 1st post & also my 1st try at LFS.

installtion from LiveCD 6.2 works fine. i only had a trouble at one
place.when i issue the command:

"source ~/.bash_profile"

i get an error,something like:

-su  "u:w$": command not found

[ i checked the file ".bash_profile" to make sure that it contains this line:

"exec env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM PS1=`\u:\w\$ ` bin/bash"

i know, PS1 here has "ticks" not "inverted commas"  ]

i tried to ignore it but after the error i can't get back my "$" sign
of "user at command-line",  even Ctrl-C does not help. Ctrl-D helps &
logs out but when i do:

su - lfs

to login, i get same error. what could be the trouble?

also why a "space" after "$" in "PS1"?

-- arnuld
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/