Dan Nicholson a écrit :
> done in the mountkernfs filesystem. However, you want to transition
> /dev from the init root to the real root because that's where all the
> device nodes have been created. In the script I attached before, this
> is done just before run-init:
>
> mount -o move /dev /sysroot/dev

    Thanks a lot, I have written my own init script to meet my needs,
and it works perfectly with your advice :)
However, I noticed a change : it seems my RAM consommation has grown a
bit, by about 1 MB. Nothing apocalyptic,
for sure ;). But I was told this in aKlibc related doc :

quote :

The run-init program does some of what pivot_root(8) did under the old
initrd system, but in a slightly different way and with some important
new features that compliment an initramfs. It is the very last thing
that runs within the initramfs, before control is handed over to your
real init and the real root filesystem. run-init does the following:

   1. Deletes all files and directories in the initramfs. Because a
      ramfs can grow and shrink as needed this allows memory to be given
      back to the kernel.
   2. Mounts the "real" root filesystem on /
   3. calls chroot(2) to the new root filesystem
   4. Opens /dev/console (or some other file as specified) and makes
      that its standard input, output, and error. This will allow the
      console to be inherited by the "real" init program.
   5. Spawns the "real" init program, using execv(2).

    It seems Klibc's run-init program frees a lot of used memory by
deleting loaded initramfs's content. Furthermore, all programs used
during this step are unloaded (for example, udevd is killed, etc...). So
this RAM consommation difference is 'normal' because intrinsic to the
usage of initramfs mecanism; or do I have to make  something else ? I
would like your feeling about this.

Mickaël