Hi,

"Tim Arnold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote  on 17 May 2007:>

>....   this is where I think i start to go wrong .... I'm up to 5.3 .
>
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter04/creatingtoolsdir.html
>
>I couldn't "configure" from the shell so I went into the CD root and
>configured
>
>I made it up to the following command (chapt 5.3)   in the CD root
>before things went screwy
>
>make -C ld LIB_PATH=/tools/lib
>gave me this errormake: ***LIB_PATH=/tools/lib: no such file directory
>
>possibly something in the chapt 4.3 scripts and the live CD??
>
>thoughts??
>
>tim

Can't make out your exact mistake but obviously, you have missed some steps.

Possibly, you have missed the step where owner of 'tools'  and 'sources' is
changed to 'lfs'.

My advice is that you start all over again and follow the book exactly. Take
care not to miss any steps.

Best of luck this time!

Randhir Phagura