Wehner y Asociados wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am building with the LFS Live CD, ver. 6.2, and had the same problem.
>
> My solution was to make a "temp" directory.
>
> I unpacked the GCC package in /mnt/lfs/temp/gcc-4.0.3
>
> Unpacking GCC made the directory /mnt/lfs/temp/gcc-4.0.3/gcc-4.0.3
>
> I then made and moved to a directory /mnt/lfs/temp/gcc-4.0.3/gcc-build,
> from which I successfully prepared for and carried out the compilation
> following the instructions on page 36 of the manual.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Edward

Can you explain what the problem was and how exactly a "temp" directory
fixed it?

Also, you do not create gcc-build *inside* the source dir. The book's
instructions tell you in page 5.1 that all package instructions assume
you are starting from the package's source dir - therefore, you are
expected to be in $LFS/sources/gcc-4.1.2. Then when you do the commands
given in the book, you should be in $LFS/sources/gcc-build.