Hi all,

I'm having some trouble following the instructions in section 7.11.

I'm installing on a computer that will be connected to the Internet via ADSL,
using DHCP (not sure if that's relevant or not but it's there just in case).

I don't understand this fully qualified domain name thing. What should I use?
The hostname, as configured in the previous section, is "arya". And just to
check that I'm understanding this correctly, the IP address in the second
non-blank or -comment line in /etc/hosts is just any private IP address?

So then, my /etc/hosts would end up looking like

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 arya.[something]

Replacing [something] with the domain name?

And what is an "alias"? How do I decide on one?

Thanks a lot,
Sharif

--
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]