> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:26:30 -0600
> From: bruce.du...@gmail.com
> To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: Re: glibc build error 1 & 2
>
> Kyle Brennan wrote:
> >> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:52:19 -0600 From: bruce.du...@gmail.com
> >> To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org Subject: Re: glibc build error
> >> 1 & 2

> >> Be sure to also check all needed packages and links IAW
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html
>
> > checked that and ran the version-check.sh file and all checked out
> > except for "makeinfo"  but the pdf says nothing about makeinfo as a
> > req.
>
> What pdf?   makeinfo is a part of texinfo and that is needed.
> I may need to add a comment to the hot requirements part of the book
> that we check for the texinfo package by checking the version number of
> makeinfo.
>
> > im running the wget file as we speak and all seems well.  its
> > ok if i wget them directly to $LFS/sources right?
>
> Yes.
>
>    -- Bruce
> --
so i believe that everything was done correctly this time, i compiled it in the
sources directory rather than tools.  i am still running into a similar
problem.  the terminal told me this:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/iconv/iconvconfig] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.10.1/iconv'
make[1]: *** [iconv/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.10.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

i am thinking that it may be a processor incompatibility problem.  i am running
an intel q6600 (quad core x64 compatable, oc to 3.2 GHz from 2.4)