>On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:02:12 -0500
>linux fan <linuxscra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Segmentation fault occurs right after stripping in chapter05.
>
> I am building lfs trunk using jhalfs trunk.
>
> The stripping step succeeds, but the next step which is to
> restore-luser-env errors. The restore-luser-env step only has to copy
> the saved $(LUSER_HOME)/.bashrc.XXX back to .bashrc, but that fails:
>  Building target 058-stripping
>  [++++++++++|                                                 ] 0
> min. 10 sec Target 058-stripping OK
> /bin/bash: line 1: 27848 Segmentation fault      make
> BREAKPOINT=074-gcc LUSER make: *** [mk_LUSER] Error 139
>
> As you can see, the stripping succeeded, but it immediately fails on
> the next bash command.
>
> Here is from sys.log:
> Nov 23 15:25:32 lfs sudo:      wnh : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/mnt/lfs/jhalfs ;
> USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/su - jhalfs -c source .bashrc && cd
> /mnt/lfs/jhalfs && make BREAKPOINT=074-gcc LUSER
> Nov 23 15:25:42 lfs kernel: make[27848]: segfault at 7b0 ip 40008fdd
> sp bfccaaa0 error 4 in ld-2.11.so (deleted)[40000000+1d000]
>
> I have the build backed up right after textinfo-ch5.
> I have restored the build dir and restarted and it Segfaults every
> time at the same place.
>
> I tried a 20 second sleep at the end of the stripping, but it still
> Segfaults.
>
> Any ideas?

As I have not tried jhalfs, a question, just to be clear: you are
running the make command via automated means, after stripping, in a
single slurp (from the same script)?

If so, try running it manually after stripping. As in - your toolchain
gets stripped, jou get your shell prompt back, and then you run the
make command.

That used to work for me in similar arrangements.