Hello,
     I'm using the Knoppix live cd v. 6.2 and reading LFS v. 6.5.  I've
made it all the way to level II.5, and now I'm on pass 2 of GCC (5.10.1) and
now Knoppix is telling me the "patch" command is not found.

Is there any way to install a package like "patch" when using a live cd?  Or
some workaround other than installing a distro to my harddrive?  I'm using
Knoppix because it was suggested on the lfs faq at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html

I tried googling for any hints, and checking the archives for this list,
but I'm new to linux so I'm a bit unsure what I'm searching for.  Any hints
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan