On Fri, Feb 05, at 04:01 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
>
> > Bruce, I googl'ed for nomime.html and I've found another link which is
> > exactly the same document, but with a note that is distributed with
> > permission by the original author. Perhaps we have to do the same first
> > before we store the document to our site (his email is on the bottom).
>
> I don't see the email you are talking about at the bottom.

gboyd at expita dot com

> There is no mention of copyright or license that I can see.

I don't have in front of me the original page, but I see in the linked
page the following.

"Originial by Gerald E. Boyd from www.expita.com/nomime.html,
distributed with permission per copyright notice."

> > Here is the link:
> >
> > http://stagecraft.theprices.net/nomime.html
>
> We could change the link if you think we should, but what if that site
> goes away?

About the "should".
I don't know, I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's not a good idea to host
work from others without letting the authors knows first and getting their
permissions. Note that, I don't believe in a "copyrighted" world, but that
is (unfortunately) our world, and I don't like to mess with the law, even
if I find it unreasonable, but that is another story.

Anyway, perhaps if there is a volunteer to write a small howto disable
sending in html from the main providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail) and the
two main email GUI clients (thunderbird and outlook), the problem (if it
is a problem) would be solved.

Until then, and if we don't get an answer from the original author, yes I
think we should provide the alternative link, with the risk to pass away
into the null sometime in time.