Dear all,

I just started with lfs and I notice a problem and I would like to hear your
comments about that.

I thought it might be a good idea to use the LFS LiveCD in order to get a
working base system.

Then I got stuck when I tried to create the glibc for the temporary system.
I got this error message: "bad value (native) for -mtune= switch"

After a little research I found out that this switch was added by this
changeset:
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/changeset/8541

and I also found out that "-mtune=native" was only recently added to gcc in
version 4.2:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/changes.html

On the other side, it is said that only Gcc-3.0.1 is required. See here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html

I my humble opinion this does not fit together and should be somehow
aligned.

Kind regards
Nils