Hans Kaper wrote:
>> My grub entry for my LFS6.4 stick is:
>>
>> title Linux From Scratch 6.4 Kernel 2.6.30.2
>> root (hd0,0)
>> kernel /boot/lfskernel-2.6.30.2 root=/dev/uba1
>>
> Omit the root=/dev/uba1-option. root (hd0,0) points already to the device
> you want to boot from.

Erm, those pieces of information go to different parts of the
system. The first is sent to, and acted upon, by GRUB. The second
is sent to, and acted upon, by the kernel. GRUB doesn't see the
second one, except as just some uninterpretable data to pass along,
and the kernel never even sees the first.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.